My summer eating preferences are definitely in full swing, which is why I’m so excited to share this chilled vegan cucumber avocado soup recipe!
It’s supposed to be hot this week and I’m not complaining, in part because I have a giant bowl of chilled cucumber avocado soup sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured. Oh, and a couple of containers of chocolate ice cream in my freezer. Like I said, my cravings for summery foods are in full force!
This vegan cucumber avocado soup is pretty fantastic, if I do say so myself. It’s insanely simple—cucumbers, avocado, lime juice, and water. You can have some fun with add-ins like cilantro and chopped tomatoes, or even add a little fresh salsa or corn on top just before serving.
P.S. Can’t get enough of this cucumber avocado goodness? Try my cold cucumber avocado soup recipe with lemon, dill and chives. It’s extra creamy!
- 1 pound organic cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 2 small avocados
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- chopped tomato
- chopped cilantro
- fresh corn kernels
- hemp seeds
- Place the cucumbers, avocados, lime juice, water, sea salt, and pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth, then taste and add more salt/pepper if you like.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Garnish with tomato, corn, cilantro, and hemp seeds, if you like.
If you're a big fan of cilantro, feel free to blend a handful (1/4 - ½ cup or so) directly into the soup.
I use a Vitamix blender and love it.