Mango Avocado Salsa

Mango Avocado Salsa Follow Me on Pinterest

Lately, I’ve been loving turning appetizer types of foods into main meals. For example: hummus and veggie sticks for dinner. It’s quick, satisfying, and leaves me more time to work on my gluten-free baking. Or to catch up on episodes of New Girl. Whatever.

Mango Avocado Dip Follow Me on Pinterest

Mashed avocado on toast is also a go-to meal for me when I don’t really feel like cooking, but I’ve been eating that for months (seriously, I am obsessed). However, even that gets old after a while. This week, I set out to change things up a bit, while still keeping with my need for something simple and easy. Oh, and it had to involve avocado, preferably in dip form. I’m not that sick if it.

Avocado Mango Salsa Follow Me on Pinterest

When I saw mangoes at TJ’s this weekend, I knew I needed to use them in some sort of a salsa. Every time I buy  them, Aaron always tells me how mangoes make him gag and how he absolutely cannot eat them. Apparently, he spent two weeks in Morocco as a kid and basically subsisted on them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Of course, I did what I normally do and bought them anyway, and threw an extra one in my cart for good measure. Who doesn’t like mango?!

Chips and Salsa Follow Me on Pinterest

In order to make the salsa, I finely diced the mango and avocado, threw in some chopped cilantro and grape tomatoes, and covered everything in a generous squeeze of lime juice. I served it with some TJ’s brown rice tortillas, cut into chips and baked at 350 for ten minutes. The tortillas are terrible when it comes to making wraps, but they make the best chips – super crispy and I love the subtle flavor.

I told Aaron this was dinner, placed the chips and salsa on the table, and walked away for a few minutes to do some dishes. And what do you know? In the span of five minutes, he ate more than half of the bowl and had to “take a break” so that I could have some too.

Mango Avocado Lime Salsa Follow Me on Pinterest

Next time, I plan on dividing it into two bowls. Better safe than sorry.

Mango Avocado Salsa

Prep time
Total time

As an appetizer or a main meal, this salsa is bright, flavorful, and too easy not to make. All it's missing is a margarita to drink between bites.
Recipe type: Appetizer or Main
Serves: about 2 Cups
  • 1 C. Diced Mango
  • 1 Medium Avocado, peeled, pitted & diced
  • ⅓ C. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
  • ⅓ C. Organic Grape Tomatoes, diced
  • 2 Tbs. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (approximately 1 lime)
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste
  1. In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, and lime juice.
  2. Toss to combine.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
If you want to add some heat, a little finely diced jalapeno pepper would be a nice addition. This recipe could very easily be used to make a mango avocado guacamole instead of a salsa. Simply pulse the mango and avocado in a food processor before mixing in the other ingredients.

Comments

Ha! I just had carrot sticks, hummus and pita for lunch! It’s just too easy, especially when you’ve already made a mess of the kitchen for blog stuff.

Now, this mango and avocado salsa? I’d gladly make a mess of my kitchen for this stuff, several times over. How can anything with mango be less than p-p-perfect??

I’ve had hummus, carrot sticks, and tortilla chips for lunch for the past several days. It’s been awesome – minimal prep time and dishes!

Oh good! I saw a couple of days ago that WF had mangos on sale for a lot cheaper than TJ’s…they must have been a different kind. Regardless, hooray for mango season!

The ataulfos were at WF for $2/3 until this week (4/4-4/10) when they’re on sale for $1 ea! They are a different kind but I like them better because they are less stringy!

• Judy says

I went to a local produce auction purchased 3 cases of mangos 7 to a case for $3 a case. What does one do with 21 magos?

Wow, that’s a great deal! So many options…salsa, smoothies, coconut milk mango lassi…I’d probably end up chopping some up and freezing it and also sharing the wealth with friends. Not a bad problem to have! :)

2. Abby says

Had something very similar for lunch today. Homemade mango salsa over roasted sweet potatoes and carrots with a half an avocado on top. YUM! Super filling, fresh and tasty.

I adore mango avocado salsa! One of my faves, and yours is beautiful.

By the way, so glad you’re doing the CSD for a bit! I’m proud to be in that book, and though I don’t adhere to all of it myself (I don’t have gluten allergies, nor do I forgo coffee) I love the principles and think it’s an inspiring kick start. xo

Thanks, Gena! Yes – I saw a few of your recipes in the CSD book! I made your chocolate avocado pudding the other week and it was absolutely heavenly. The book is definitely inspiring and I’ve felt so much more energized, balanced, etc. since I started eating more in line with it.

This sounds delicious! I love the fresh sweetness of mango with the creaminess of avocado. I’m glad you were able to give Aaron a helpful nudge back to the land of mango love! :D

Mango is one of my favorite fruits. Avocado is my favorite vegetable. The combination of these two into a salsa is great! I cannot wait to try this recipe out! It looks so delicious and refreshing. My family and I get this salsa that is mango habenero and it is really good but not home made and not as healthy! I love your blog also! Thanks for sharing :)

Homemade brown rice tortilla chips…omg friggin HEAVEN. So much better than corn ones IMO. *whew* I just went to heaven.

PS This was the comment I was heading to leave you when you commented. ;)

Trackbacks