Olive & Honey

Before I get to today’s post, I just wanted to remind you to enter the GoodBelly probiotic juice drinks giveaway if you haven’t already! One winner will receive 3 VIP coupons to complete the 12-Day challenge.

I realized the other day that it’s been a while since I did a puppy post, so I took advantage of the warm weather and snapped some photos of Olive and Honey at the park. For new readers – Honey is our 4-year-old puggle and Olive is our 7-month-old pointer mix (or at least we think she’s a pointer mix- the shelter didn’t really know). I have no idea what was going on with them in these photos, but they were definitely having a little moment together. I couldn’t resist making some guesses…

Olive: It's such a nice day to be at the park.

Honey: Yeah, it's totally great! I love the smell of freshly cut grass.

Olive: ...totally... (silence)

Honey: Wait a minute.

Honey: Olive... that’s not the smell of freshly cut grass.

Olive: I farted. He he he.

If you have pets, do they ever make ridiculous expressions?

These photos were taken in the span of about 30 seconds, and Honey, in particular, had at least ten different goofy faces. They’re such little characters! Honey’s neck fat alone cracks me up at least several times a day.

Get Recipes by Email!

Comments

HAHAHAH! We create funny dialog for our dog and cat, too! They give us so much joy watching their expressions as they interact with each other and with us! Great post! Thank you for putting a smile on my face this morning!

It’s hilarious to just observe what they do. I want to make a habit out of photographing them every once in a while – there are some real gems in there! :)

Oh my goodness, I just spit out my water when I read this!! I love it!
    You better believe that I narrate for my dogs ALL THE TIME. I have voices for them and “speak” for them often. I don’t even realize I do it!

I love their faces! I need to do a version of this post for my guys. :)
    More puppy pictures soon, please!!

My husband and I do voices for Olive and Honey too! Honey’s is super girly and Olive’s is more masculine. And we jokingly refer to Olive as “Oliver” because she’s such a dude. haha

You should definitely do a version of this for your dogs!

Roomie and I both narrate the bird and then I find myself doing it with other people’s pets…including teh people I meet on walks and such. Yea that makes for some awkward interactions… ;)

I’m so glad you put these up today…what a perfect help-get-through-hump-day-and-my-hangover post.

haha I’m sure most other pet owners understand. I’ll never forget when Honey was a puppy and random strangers on the street would come up to her and talk baby talk or let her lick all over their faces (like really let her go to town). It was pretty funny!

haha I love your descriptions! I had a very dumb, but very sweet golden retriever growing up. I can imagine that type of personality being really entertaining when paired with the smart/cranky combo. :)

4. Lauren says

Lol. This made my day! I narrate for my dog all the time, as well as for other people’s dogs. I’m glad to hear Im not the only one doing this! :) by the way I just found your blog and am super excited to start reading through more of your posts!

Thanks, Lauren! You are definitely not the only one narrating for your dog. Some of my neighbors probably think I’m a little nuts between that and all of the other ridiculous things I say to my dogs. :)

Trackbacks