Barley at 12 Weeks

I’m making an effort to take in and enjoy every moment of puppyhood because it passes way too quickly. Barley has steadily been gaining about a pound a week since we brought him home, and while I love that he now sleeps through the night, I sort of wish he’d slow down and stay this size a little longer. Honey agrees, as her days of jumping on furniture to steal toys or escape him are very limited!

Barley is either running around like a little maniac or passed out in my lap, and neither of those situations are very conducive to anything other than slightly blurry iphone photos. After taking pictures of my oatmeal goji berry cookies the other day, Aaron and I decided to put Barley in the setup. I bribed him with treats (Barley with kibble, Aaron with cookies), and we took as many photos as possible in the span of about sixty seconds. Here are my favorites…

Barley 12 Weeks Follow Me on Pinterest Barley 12 Weeks 1 Follow Me on Pinterest Barley 12 Weeks 2 Follow Me on Pinterest Barley 12 Weeks 3 Follow Me on Pinterest Barley 12 Weeks 4 Follow Me on Pinterest Barley 12 Weeks 5 Follow Me on Pinterest

It was hard to narrow it down even to these, since I think everything he does is the cutest thing ever. The way he likes to sleep on his back totally sprawled out and quietly snoring, or how he “air runs” when you pick him up and walk through a doorway (I have no idea why), and especially when he sprints down the hallway to head butt Honey in the crotch (hilarious to everyone except Honey).

Barley 12 Weeks 6 Follow Me on Pinterest

I like to say that Honey was one of the best decisions I ever made, and now Barley ranks right up there too. He is a constant source of happiness…even if he hasn’t quite figured out that weekends are for sleeping past 6am.

Comments

1. Sherry (BTLover2) says

Those photos are killing me! His cuteness is off the charts! I wish you lived nearby… I’d have to visit him (and Honey too) and smother them with smooches. Enjoy all that puppiness!

I’m sure he’d love to visit with you too! He’s in a phase right now (or maybe he’ll always be this way) where he goes nuts every time we pass someone walking. It’s like he’s personally offended if they don’t stop to say hi.

These might be some of the cutest puppy photos I have ever seen! I’m dying here. I love how his little nose is so dark compared to his light brown body and his head looks like it’s just a liittlllee too big for his body (don’t worry, he’ll grow into it)!

OH man he is killing me. Those shots are sooo good. I hope he makes an appearance at 23Paws this month?! I thought the exact same thing with both of my dogs…getting each of them is the best decision I have ever made. Not sure how that is possible, but its true!! ;-)

Awww, I can’t get over how cute he is! If I was you I’d never be able to turn myself away from him any time of the day :D. Must be hard to get work done when he’s around.

It’s really hard to get anything done, both because he’s so adorable and also because he gets into/tries to eat everything! Nylabones and other puppy chew toys are my lifesavers.

Hi Amanda:
    Thanks for sharing these ADORABLE images of Barley. He’s absolutely PRECIOUS! It would be awesome if you could get him into the modeling and or show biz. I’m positive that his image would sell like hot cakes! Please give him a big hug for me.

Ceil

6. Aimee B. says

He is beyond adorable! I want to cuddle him soooooooo bad, lol! Hope things are starting to look brighter for you guys. (((hugs)))

That face is to DIE FOR!!! Your shots are great…take as many as you can. That is one thing I regret about my dog…how did I not take more photos when she was a puppy??? Enjoy your puppy and I can’t wait for more photos!
    Christine

Thanks, Christine! It can be tricky to photograph them – puppies have zero attention span! One of my favorite things about blogging is that it reminds me to document the things I know I’ll want to remember. :)

8. Morgan C. Mittelbrun says

What kind of puppy is Barley? Is he a pug mix? If so what other breeds is he? He’s so cute btw! I know he’s not a puppy anymore!

9. Morgan C. Mittelbrun says

Aw! That’s so perfect! My mom had a beagle named Happy as a girl that she loved very much! Barley is wonderful! I’m so glad he’s doing well! Thanks for answering my question! Give him a belly rub for me!

Trackbacks