Just started reading? Check out my first 3 Day DIY Juice Cleanse post.
– I woke up really excited to get started! Most mornings I’m not hungry until around 9 or 10am, but my stomach was actually growling by 8am. I started to worry that I was going to be hungry all day…and then I made my first (massive) green juice. There is an insane amount of produce that goes into the green juice recipe, probably more than a lot of people eat in an entire day. It tasted vegetable-y and wouldn’t be something I’d make for someone new to juicing, but I actually enjoyed it a lot and felt more energized with every sip.
– I had my first feeling of slight dread when I was washing the juicer after drink #1. Am I really going to have to do this five times a day and make homemade almond milk? Yes, yes I am. Washing the juicer and also remembering to make more juice every couple of hours is a mini job in itself. If I were working in an office, I’d definitely need to schedule this for the weekend. And if my work-from-home schedule were super busy with lots of conference calls, this would be tricky.
– I feel a little weird. I’m not hungry, but my stomach also feels kind of hollow? It’s tough to put into words. I also got slightly shaky around lunchtime, which may have just been because I took the dogs on a longer walk. You wouldn’t think that would be strenuous, but Barley likes to see and eat ALL THE THINGS and so walking him could be considered strength training.
– I’m craving more water than usual, even with all of the juices. That’s surprising to me because I normally have to make a conscious effort to drink enough.
– The spicy lemonade is delicious, in my opinion. I was worried this one might be hard to get down, but now I’m thinking I’d like to incorporate it into my regular routine. I didn’t have agave so I subbed a little maple syrup and stevia and that worked well. The only thing you have to watch out for is that the cayenne tends to settle at the bottom and that makes for a very spicy last gulp. Clears your sinuses right out though!
– Thank goodness I have two bathrooms all to myself. I literally have to pee every twenty minutes. I suppose one bathroom would also work.
Let the Day 2 fun begin!