Berries and cream lovers (everyone?), this one’s for you! Today I’m sharing a decadent fudge with a creamy coconut butter swirl, and a new super berry you’re going to want to keep on your radar.
Nicknamed “the beauty berry,” schizandra has a gorgeous vibrant purple/pink color, an abundance of antioxidants, and it’s also an anti-inflammatory powerhouse. It’s been widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years, and for very good reason: schizandra is thought to support everything from adrenal function and our response to stress, to digestive and skin health (hence “the beauty berry” nickname).
If you’re curious to try schizandra berry, one of my all-time favorite brands, REBBL, just launched a new Schizandra Berries & Creme Elixir (plus a new Banana Nut Protein and a 3 Roots Mango Spice Elixir, both awesome FYI). We’ve been collaborating with REBBL for the last three years on recipe development and photography campaigns (see if you can spot our latest work on their Instagram!*), and truly—REBBL is the real deal when it comes to their commitment to wholesome ingredients, sustainability, and innovative flavor combinations. The Schizandra Berries & Creme is fruity and tart thanks to the combination of fresh blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, banana, and elderberries. It’s also lightly sweetened with forest honey and scented with vanilla beans, making it especially perfect as a midday pick-me-up that’s naturally caffeine-free.
I love Schizandra Berries & Creme all on its own, but it’s amazing in dessert recipes too. Currently, one of my favorite ways to use it is in this Berries & Creme Freezer Fudge. The creamy coconut milk base, paired with coconut and cashew butters, is loaded with satisfying and good-for-you fats. Unlike most fudge, this recipe is sweetened with just a small pour of pure maple syrup, then topped with crushed freeze-dried berry “sprinkles” (so cute!). It’s a very simple blender recipe that requires only a handful of basic ingredients and takes just a few minutes to make.
*Did you spot our photos? Here are a few recent examples: one, two, three. We did three photoshoot campaigns plus three recipe shoots in June alone, so keep your eyes posted for those on REBBL’s Instagram and blog soon!
- ½ cup REBBL Schizandra Berries & Creme
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ¼ cup creamy salted cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pink pitaya powder (optional, for color)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, gently warmed to help it mix in
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil, liquid but not hot
- small pinch sea salt
- freeze-dried raspberries, whole and crushed
- freeze-dried blueberries, whole and crushed
- Line a 4" x 8" baking dish with plastic wrap and set it aside.
- Blend all of the berries & creme layer ingredients together in your blender until smooth. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- In a small bowl, make the coconut butter swirl by stirring together the warmed coconut butter, coconut oil, and salt. It should be the consistency of a drippy nut butter for easy swirling. Pour the mixture on top of the berry layer and use a knife to swirl it throughout.
- Sprinkle the freeze-dried fruit on top. Freeze for 1 hour, or until completely solid. Slice the fudge into squares and enjoy!
Thank you to REBBL for sponsoring this post! We love their Super Herb Elixirs and Plant-Based Proteins, especially because when you buy any of their beverages, you help give back 2.5% of every purchase to Not For Sale in their mission to eliminate human trafficking and uplift vulnerable communities around the globe. Check REBBL’s store locator to find their drinks near you!